There is a shortcut you can add on your phone that will serve as an important resource for you and your loved ones if pulled over by Police! The hope is that a traffic stop would just be just that but we have seen countless times where traffic stops end fatally. Imagine being alerted immediately that your love one is being pulled over, imagine receiving the coordinates to the exact location your loved one was pulled over at? #GAMECHANGER
Once this shortcut is installed it will do a list of actions simultaneously on the command “Siri I’m Being Pulled Over”
ACTIONS OF THE POLICE SHORTCUT
- It will lower the music playing in your car immediately
- it will turn on the do not disturb
- it will send your location via text and email to the contacts you set
- it allows the front-facing camera to begin recording
- it will set the brightness to your phone at 0%
- It will store your video to your iCloud
- it will also send a copy of the video to the contacts set.
Now setting it up might be a little confusing, which is the purpose of this post. This short cut is considered an “untrusted shortcut link” because Apple did not create it. if you already have shortcuts on your iPhone jump to Step 3 Before you can allow untrusted shortcuts you need to add a shortcut to your phone first!
STEP 1. ADD A SHORT CUT –
open shortcuts and simply add one it does not matter which one anyone pre-made one will do. I added twitter
STEP 2. RUN THE SHORTCUT YOU JUST ADDED
go to shortcut and tap your newly added shortcut once you tap it, you should see the window for that short cut open.
STEP 3. GO TO SETTINGS SCROLL DOWN TO SHORTCUTS AND ALLOW UNTRUSTED SHORTCUTS
Don’t forget to also enable location while using so that Police Shortcut can pinpoint your location.